NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Harry Potter Thread

TalonSis

Guess what Harry Potter fans...its July!! That means:

The 7th Book-Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows- July 21st.

and...

The 5th Movie-Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix-July 11th I think.

(Oh, and don't forget! The magical day of 7/7/07 :P )

Anyone have any ideas on what's going to happen in the 7th book? Are you going to see the 5th movie?

Melissa

Guest Monique

I CANNOT WAIT for the movie to come out. I love to read but I haven't read the books. I saw the first movie and I liked it so well I didn't want to read the books. As once you read the books the movies are always AWFUL (to me). My middle daughter reads all the books she is of course really psyched about both and just this week was asking for any extra chores she could do because she is B-Roke and wanted money for the movie :). I gave her some to do ... but little did she know I would have made sure she made it to the movie one way or another!!! We're talking Harry Potter here!!!!

Guest briansmum

hmm.. maybe i should pick mine back up, i loved the first 4 but sort of grew out of it half way through the 5th. haven't seen my books since i moved.. wonder where the man put them.

i agree with you though melissa the books are WAY better than the films!

We went to see the movie today! :) Here's what happened:

When we went to the movie we had to wait in line for 45 minutes until they would let us in. During that time, a group of people (I'm guessing 15 people?) tried to cut us. :angry: Finally someone who worked there made them go to the back of the line, although some people still stayed. What bothered us the most is they were being so rude, talking back to that guy. And then they complained about "how rude people were being" for getting made about them cutting.

Then we finally got into the movie. it was packed!! I liked it, but during the beginning I kept complaining about things they left out. :P It also doesnt help that it's my favorite book. I have to say that they did a pretty good job so far.

About an hour into the movie...the movie shuts off and the emergency lights come on. We had been having a bad thunderstorm and the power went out. Everyone just had to wait for the electricity to come back. So me and my mom went to go to the bathroom, and outside in the hall it was pitch black. So at the end of the halls there's a double door to the outside. All of a sudden this guy flings open the door, and he's complaining about being soaked. he left the door open, and outside it looked like a hurricane! :ohmy: It was pouring, and the wind looked terrible. Finally some guy manages to shut the door.

Then we come back into the theater and the movie STILL isn't back on. After waiting for a half an hour a guy comes in and tells us to keep our movie stubs and come back "at a later time". I don't understand why you would go back just to sit through all of the movie so you can see the ending. :P

Anyways, I think they had us leave so it wouldnt mess up their other sceduales, which was kind of disapointing. The rain had almost stopped by the time we got outside, and then when we were leaving a person cut our car off. :P

So that's what happened when we saw part of the movie. Anyone else see it?

Melissa<br><br>Post edited by: TalonSis, at: 2007/07/15 23:13

No, I didn't but I am so sorry you didn't get to finish the movie, when you go to see something you really want to see and then have to leave halfway thru how disappointing for you. I assume you can come back at a later time and see it, no charge, but now you don't know how it turns out. Well you do from reading the book but it is not the same as watching it.:ohmy:

Guest briansmum

aww thats really bad! im a HUGE pirates of the caribbean fan and if that had gone off half way through i think i would have freaked out :S hope you enjoyed the bit you did see.

YEAH pirates of the caribbean! I'm not a harry potter fan but it seems that everyone else I know is. Hehe. I didn't see the movie but my sister said it definitely wasn't as good as the book, as they left a lot of parts out.

The Pirates of the Caribbean films were the only ones I actually thought worth paying 8 bucks to see. I'm not a movie person. :side: But I'm going to be a pirate when I grow up, so... seeing the movie is just you know... mentally preparing myself. xD

Anybody here read the leaked version of the book? I downloaded it, but I need to reinstall my Adobe reader before I can look at it.

I'm going to my local Barnes and Noble tomorrow for their Harry Potter party. The World Wildlife Zoo is going to have a show that features animals from the book. I'm guessing owls will be the main attraction :).

Well Everyone who is interested in this thread.

Talonsis just finished the last & final Harry Potter Book in 9 hours. {Emotions-00020075}

She won't share any info with me, so I'm on my own. I certainly won't read it in 9 hours, because I'm here too much, but I will read it.

I went to the Harry Potter party at the bookstore last night. It was okay, but the area where they had the animals was much too small. People (namely kids) kept trying to shove their way to the front (RUDE!!) even though there was clearly no room. The lady in front of me was wearing a big witch hat, which I kept having to try to look around. And people were so dang loud, that you couldn't hear the guy talk about the animals. And people and their dang whiney kids. If your kid is going to whine and cry, get the hell out so the rest of us can hear! Anyhoo, there was an owl, a rat (actually named Scabbers :)), a bearded dragon, a white ferret, a king toad that peed all over, a little fox, a tortoise, and a big snake :).