• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 yr old CAG--from the egg--I own the parents

15 yr old TAG--was given to me when he was 8 yrs old--was extremely aggressive

18 yr old CAG--was given to me when he was 6 yrs old--was extremely aggressive

13 yr old Quaker--got him when he was 2 yrs old--was extremely aggressive

11 yr old Quaker--got her when she was 4 mts old<br><br>Post edited by: MrSpock, at: 2007/09/18 23:15

Dan

I think you have mistaken me with someone else. Since you ask me I'll reply in the other section. By the way, my wife has recognized your method as OFFICIAL CONFLICT RESOLUTION---MOD ( moderator on duty). It's an official dept where my wife works.<br><br>Post edited by: MrSpock, at: 2007/09/19 01:22

• 2 weeks later...

Radar my TAG is about 30 years old. He is a wild caught bird, he still has his quarantine band on. I have had him about 5 years, he lived with 2-3 others before I got him. Debbie

I spoke with Radar last night & told him the good news, he was very excited to be the oldest grey (so far) on this board.

All joking aside, the bad thing about him being around 30 is that I'm not sure about his life before he became a member of our family. I just hope & pray that his life was as good then as we are trying to make it for him now.

We call him our "Little Man" & as all of you know, that is excatly what they act like.

Debbie

Wow Debbie - Thats a mature Grey in mid-life :-)

Based on how he reacts to you and family, he probably had a good life in his first 29 years too....atleast that's what we all hope and picture. :-)

But, now he has a wonderful home that he not only enjoys, but he also brings Joy too!!

Thanks Dan, he has been with us about 5 years, and based on his actions,intelligence and sweetness (is that a word?), I believe he has had a good life.

I just can't understand how anymore could part with such a loving little guy. Oh well, just lucky for me in this case that they did.

Debbie

I wonder if Radar was named after "Radar" on the M*A*S*H TV series?

Possible, since he was born during the period the series ran.....just a thought. It's such an unusual name, it's been driving me crazy......I know, I'm wierd :-)

Guest briansmum

30 years, wow.

i just can't imagine brian being that old. i can't imagine him being in my life that long.

i'd really love to meet an older grey, i've only ever been in contact with young ones. such small delicate creatures with such a life span. someone obviously thought these wonderful animals deserved to stick around a while :)

You are welcome to come by anytime. We live in the northern part of North Carolina near Greensboro, if you are ever in the neighborhood.

I doubt you would see much difference in him than a 3 or 4 year old. He acts so much like a little baby. Got to have tons of attention and loving. Which we are more than willing to give.

I think about what he says sometimes, he has probably learned and forgotted so many words and actions. Sometimes he starts mumbling and you can tell he is saying the same things, but I can't make sense of it. Then I start thinking its maybe something coming back to him.

The terrible burps he does and the pretty little wave he has is something he brought with him from a previous owner, I guess one out of two ain't bad.

I know I can't imagine life without him, I truely love my "little man". Debbie

Guest briansmum

i'd love to come by but i'm in england which is a bit far LOL! he sounds so lovely. i hope mine is that sweet.

you know whats wierd? i call brian my "little man" :) my mum called our puppy it when i was younger and thats what my grey is now. out little man :lol:

Beccy, really neat you call Brian little man also. I think Radar looks like a little man, especially when he is sleepy & refuses to go to sleep. I watch him put his head down & jerk it up, almost like a kid, so afriad he is going to miss something.

Judy, Roanoke is close by. Come by anytime, we would love to meet you.

Debbie & Radar

• 2 months later...