NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

I have a Question

Tycos_mom

This may seem like a silly question but I still would like an answer. Adaya is quite a bit lighter in colour than Tyco who is very dark Grey. Will Adaya get darker as she gets older or will she remain the same light grey that she is now? do their feathers get darker after each molt?

They are both Cags thank-you thats good least I know I'll always be able to tell them apart Tyco is almost charcoal grey and Adaya is a dark silver grey so as long as they stay that way its no problem. Tyco is also weighs 140 grs more thanks for aswering that for me Dave

We also have one that is darker than the other and I have heard (don't know if it is true) that it means they come from different parts of their native country, so one is an inland bird and the other is a coastal bird.

I don't know about that them being from different parts of Africa because in the pet trade they are all mixed up with the size of Tyco she sould be lighter from camaroon but she has the size but is very dark in color which probubly one of her ansester was a coastal and one was an inland the same goes for Adaya as she is smaller and lighter. our pets are just African Greys they are all mixed up so you cannot go by their color to tell where they came from.