NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

buying a grey

francine

i am convinced by everyones passion of greys to get one, but when i price them in stores they are from $1200 to $1500. i am not prepared to pay such a high price for a bird even tho i know he/she will be with me for years. you have to consider the cage and toys and it comes to just under $2000. i would love to have a baby grey, but cant afford the prices in pet shops. does anyone have any advice

^^ exactly, the stores just mark them up.

Another solution is to adopt an older grey. I adopted Gina at 16 months old, and her cage, for $500. You can usually find them for $700 or so.<br><br>Post edited by: Number6, at: 2007/07/05 00:42

I don't know where you are located, but search the internet for breeders or even a local bird club who may be able to put you in touch with an avordable grey. I paid $900 for mine and I am sure you can find one around that price range. Depending on where you are one of the members here may know of some.

i am in the ny area. actually tri state would describe it better. i am dying for a new bird, but like i said, i am not rich and with the cost of a cage and toys for a larger bird than i have (i have a quaker) i just cant see it happening right now. cant wait til i can afford one!

CD is CeasarsDad and he is an admin here, he is not on now but maybe later, he never goes too long a period that he does not check in. Send him a pm if you want and as soon as he gets on he will contact you. He is very helpful to all of us here and we love him for it at least I do, but then I knew him from a previous forum.

Hi Francine, and welcome! Dan is right, you can narrow your search down by state. I have found there tend to be a lot of breeders on FL. You can have a bird shipped to NY for about $100. Something to consider.....:huh:

I wish you were closer to me, I could use some help sometimes with the computer, I am not as literate with it as the younger ones are today who grew up with them so they are like second nature. I had to learn about it later in life and I find that the more I know the more I know I don't know, does that make any sense to you?

Judygram,

Yes, it makes perfect sense.

The more we learn, the more we realize how little we truly know.

The young did cut their teeth on technology, but only at a surface, need to know level. They don't know, how much they don't know...:laugh:

Anytime you need help, just PM me and I'll be happy to help.

Thanks, I might have to take you up on that. It is so funny, I remember years ago our first computer was one that operated off of the old DOS system and my daughter would come to the house and tell me if I had windows I could get around better on it. I thought she was crazy, windows, what is windows, I hadn't a clue but I know now. I think my 7 year old grandson can do more on the computer than I can, he used to download all kinds of games on mine even when he was only 4 or 5, picks things up like that easy. He may become some kind of computer geek too, he loves them.

Talon - No, our 2 Son's are both adults that have fledged.......but, they still don't know how much they don't know :-)

Judygram - Yes, I remember DOS well. You were an early adapter to the concept of a PC in every home vision that IBM initiated. Then Bill Gates came into the picture and look where we are now :-)