NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Hello, I'm Steve

Hello from California's Central Coast.

My partner Ken and I are "for the birds".

Ken's had Paco, an Amazon Green Parrot for 25 years, after rescuing him from a young man who got engaged, and it was either the bird or the new wife. We know some of his history before his previous owner. We believe he had some traumatic experiences because he's terrified of brooms and anything that resembles a brush. He's a charming little guy....he's about 35 years old. I'd never spent much time around birds , but after I met Ken 14 years ago, I've spent lots of time with Paco, and can't imagine him NOT being with us.

4 years ago we added Taylor, a CAG, to our family. Taylor was to be my own special "little guy", and we brought him home at 3 months old. I never realized how attached we'd become.

Taylor's wings aren't clipped, so he's allowed to fly at one end of the house, which is child(I mean bird)proof. We have one end of our home he can get plenty of excercise flying up and down a long corridor.

Why walk, when you can fly????

It's why I don't want to clip his wings. I haven't taken him outside, although I'd like to. I'd like to try a collar eventually. It's hard getting him used to new things.

I haven't spent much time searching the topics for changes in aging. Paco's "super mellow".

Sometimes I think Taylor doesn't have enough to do,though we spend lots of time being with them both and playing games with Talor, especially.

Anyway, it's great to be here, and hope to learn more from all of you and your "owners"

Cheers!

Steve

Hi Steve, very nice intro!! Taylor sounds like a very lovable grey and from your Avatar I can see a very handsome one. If you have more pictures of Taylor, we would love to see them. And if Ken or you are interested, we have an "Other Birds Room" for our other feathered friends in which you can post about Paco. I have an Eclectus which I periodically post about in that room. Hope to hear more about Taylor and Paco, welcome to the family!

I agree Steve, that was a great intro. I allow my tag to fly as well, and he spends a lot of time outdoors in a special outside cage. To say he LOVES it out there would be an understatement. You may want to consider it. They don't get much vitamin d from their diet, and really need the sunshine. Also, having some time away when they think dad isnt looking gives them a chance to do some really silly stuff, you can watch through a window. It's better than the TV! It sounds like you are both taking wonderful care of your FIDS, and I am so happy that you are having a great bird experience. Welcome to the forum. I am looking forward to getting to know you, your birds, seeing many charming pictures and hearing a bevy of stories. Happy posting!

Hello Steve and welcome to our family, we are so glad you could join us and we look forward to hearing more about you and Taylor.

I agree you should not clip Taylor's wings and if you want to take him outside for some flying time invest in an aviator harness, it is the best on the market and we have other members here who use it regularly.

Greys do pull on the heartstrings don't they, I find I have become quite attached to mine and she is like one of my own kids, I would do anything for her.

You will find lots of useful information here in our many threads so do read thru them at your leisure and ask questions if you have any and we will help you in any way we can.

We love pictures here so if you have some of Taylor you would share with us we would appreciate it and we have an other birds room where you can share some of Paco too if you like.