NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

It got me thinking . . .

Acappella

So, reading some current posts about first words (congrats Adaya and Cleo), and regretable new favourite phrases (yes, Char, that's for you:P ) got me thinking today about things I would not want Dorian to start saying. I was playing piano this afternoon and I kept messing up the same section over and over again. I have the bad habit of talking to myself when I screw up, and I caught myself saying "that sucked" or "I suck" every time I made the same mistake. Then I thought of Char and how that would sound coming out of Dorian's beak and made a quick decision to try to take that phrase out of my repertoire. I'll have to confine myself to the less colourful "yikes" or "uuugh".

So, anything you guys have stopped saying around your bird, (other than the obvious swearing, which I'm sure no one here ever does anyway, right?:unsure: )

Words I don't want my Ana Grey to repeat????? I have stopped saying, "Damnit, Janit," :blush: when I mess up and "Oh damn." :( So I guess Ana Grey is my conscience, which is a good thing!!!! :cheer: Karma to you Marguerite for this great thread!<br><br>Post edited by: luvparrots, at: 2009/06/23 20:37

My boyfriend had a friend of his over one day about a month ago, and we let him hold Chimay. This friend has a great sense of humor, but quite the potty mouth. Chimay did a great job in stepping up for a stranger, but then his friend looked at Chimay in the face and said "You should learn to say F***!!!" And laughed. I chuckled myself, but winced at the same time. Chimay isn't talking yet, I just HOPE that the F word isn't the one piece of vocabulary that sticks out in his memory as he's practicing his attempts at words. :S

Oh Chimaysmommy, you better set the grounds rules with that friend. ;-)

My son and wife come over sometimes when we are not home and enjoy the pool and watch some movies at times. Dayo one day started to slip off my wife Kim and after he flew to recover and landed on his cage, he said, disgusted with himself "Sh!t....GODD@MNIT!!"....

Needless to say, we both knew the only people that could have come from and advised to NEVER use any such language around Dayo in our home.

Dayo continues to say it now, but rarely, I use opportunities like when I drop something, break something etc. to change it up to Shoot...God Dangit!! He has started to use this in place of the latter know when he slips or stumbles etc when playing.